1. Access License. Organization grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make use of the Website or its content. The Website may only be used for the intended purpose for which such Website is being made available. Except as expressly permitted herein, the Website and/or any portion of the Website may not be reproduced, sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any purpose without Organization's express written consent. Making derivative use, interfering with the proper working of the Website or Services, collecting and using any content, and bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services is not permitted. Any unauthorized use automatically terminates the permissions and/or licenses granted by us to you.
2. Copyright and Ownership. All of the content featured or displayed on the Website, including without limitation text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, and illustrations ("Content"), is owned by Organization, its licensors, vendors, agents and/or its Content providers. All elements of the Website, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Except as permitted by copyright law, you may not modify any of the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Website. Except as authorized under the copyright laws, you are responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on the Website. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Website. The Website, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Organization or its licensors, vendors, agents, and/or its Content providers unless otherwise expressly agreed. You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from material found on the Website.
3. Trademarks/No Endorsement. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Organization used herein (including but not limited to: Organization name, Organization corporate logo, the Website name, the Website design, and any logos) (collectively "Marks") are trademarks or registered trademarks of Organization or its affiliates, partners, vendors or licensors. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify Organization trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on the Website, without Organization's prior written consent. You shall not use Organization's name or any language, pictures or symbols which could, in Organization's judgment, imply Organization's endorsement in any (i) written or oral advertising or presentation, or (ii) brochure, newsletter, book, or other written material of whatever nature, without prior written consent.
4. Account Registration and Security. To use the Services, you understand that you will need to create an account to have access. You will: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration or subscription page (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Organization has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Organization has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You will not share your account information or your user name and password with any third party or permit any third party to log on to the Service using your account information. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Service. We have the right to provide user billing, account, Content or use records, and related information under certain circumstances (such as in response to legal responsibility, lawful process, orders, subpoenas, or warrants, or to protect our rights, customers or business) to third parties. Please note that anyone able to provide your personally identifiable information will be able to access your account so you should take reasonable steps to protect this information.
5. Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account used within Services at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We may also block your access to our Services in the event that (a) you breach these Terms of Service; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
6. Solicited Submission Policy. Where Organization has specifically invited or requested submission of content within the Services, Organization encourages you to submit content (e.g., updating your directory profile, participation in communities, etc.) to Organization that they have created for consideration in connection with the Services ("User Submissions"). User Submissions remain the intellectual property of the individual user. By posting content on our Service, you expressly grant Organization a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up worldwide, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform and display such content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Submission, in whole or in part, and in any form throughout the world in any media or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, including all promotion, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity and any other ancillary uses thereof, and including the unfettered right to sublicense such rights, in perpetuity throughout the universe. Any such User Submissions are deemed non-confidential and Organization shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any User Submission.
7. User-Published Content. User-published Content and User Submissions in the Services do not represent the views of Organization or any individual associated with Organization, and we do not control this Content. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Organization's endorsement of user-published Content. Organization does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any user published Content on our Website or User Submissions published through our Services, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reviewing any such user-published Content or User Submission. Through your use of the Services, you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretenses, international trade issues, and foreign nationals. By using our Services, you assume all associated risks
9. Inappropriate Material. You are prohibited from using the Services to post or send any unlawful, infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that infringes or misappropriates third-party intellectual property or could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or otherwise violate any law. You further agree that sending or posting unsolicited advertisements or "spam" on or through the Services is expressly prohibited by this Agreement. In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions or any applicable rules or policies in these Terms of Service, we may take any action we deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, banning you from using the Services and/or the immediate removal of the related materials from the Service at any time without notice. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
11. Third-Party Links. From time to time, the Website may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by Organization or its affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Website. Neither we nor any of our respective affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other website. Neither we nor any of our respective affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other websites, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from any other websites, or the results that you may obtain from using any other websites. If you decide to access any other websites linked to or from this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
12. Transactional Partners. In some cases, we partner with another Organization to co-promote their services within our Website. In these cases, you are transacting directly with the other party. On those pages or locations, the transactional partners' brand is clearly visible and their terms of service are posted. When using these partner pages, you are bound by partner terms of service in addition to remaining bound by Organization Terms of Service. When there is a conflict between these Terms of Service and the partner's terms of service, their terms of service will prevail.
13. Order Eligibility. You may only purchase products that appear on this Website and are delivered to an address located in the United States. You may only purchase products for personal use by either yourself or your intended recipient of the products. Organization may refuse any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through distribution channels approved by Organization. Organization makes no promise that products and services available on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If You choose to access this Website from locations outside the Territory, You do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this Website.
14. Products, Content and Specifications. Details of the products and services available for purchase are on the Website. All prices are displayed inclusive of all taxes. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Website are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products. The inclusion of any products or services on the Website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner.
15. Shipping Limitations. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on the Website. All purchases from the Website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from the Website pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
16. Return and Exchange Policy. Online orders are not eligible for returns and/or exchanges.
17. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on the Website is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on the Website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of any information on the Website. For example, products included on the Website may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the Website. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
18. Fees. For all charges or deposits for any events ordered by you on or through the Website, Organization or its vendors or agents will bill your bank card or alternative payment method offered by Organization and you agree to pay all such charges or deposits. When you provide bank card information, account numbers or other information necessary to facilitate payment to us or our vendors, you represent to us that you are the authorized user of the bank card that is used to pay for the products and services. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse Organization and its vendors or agents for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses. You are responsible for purchase of, and payment of charges for, all Internet access services and telecommunications services needed for use of the Website. You understand that we will hold and store such bank card or payment information to facilitate payment and deposit, damage reimbursement, and other liability purposes.
19. Donations. 1% for the Planet typically uses a third-party payment processor such as GiveLively. Please refer to GiveLively terms for further details. In the rare event that 1% for the Planet directly processes an online donation, you are responsible for payment of charges for, all Internet access services and telecommunications services needed for use of the Website. You understand that we will hold and store such bank card or payment information to facilitate payment and deposit, damage reimbursement, and other liability purposes.
21. DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SECURITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER ORGANIZATION, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER ORGANIZATION, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKES ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM ORGANIZATION OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
22. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. ORGANIZATION DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY, OR WILL BE LIABLE, FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR ANY VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING THIS WEBSITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS FROM THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT WILL ORGANIZATION, OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THE WEBSITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL OF THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ORGANIZATION'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS (US $25.00) OR (B) THE VALUE OF THE SERVICES PURCHASED OR SUBSCRIBED BY YOU ON THE WEBSITE.
23. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Organization and any affiliated entity or individual harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to or in connection with (i) the use of the Website or your placement or transmission of any User Submission or other content, message or information on this Website by you or your authorized users; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or intellectual property rights; (iv) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any User Submission that you provide to Organization, including without limitation any claim or damages arising from a defamation or invasion of privacy claim; or (vi) any other party's access and use of the Website with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
24. Release. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users of the Website, you release Organization (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
25. Force Majeure. Neither Organization nor you shall be responsible for damages or for delays or failures in performance resulting from acts or occurrences beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation: fire, lightning, explosion, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, revolution, civil commotion or acts of civil or military authorities or public enemies: any law, order, regulation, ordinance, or requirement of any government or legal body or any representative of any such government or legal body; or labor unrest, including without limitation, strikes, slowdowns, picketing, or boycotts; inability to secure raw materials, transportation facilities, fuel or energy shortages, or acts or omissions of other common carriers.
26. General. Any claim relating to, and the use of, this Website and the materials contained herein are governed by the laws of the State of California. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Ventura County, California. A printed version of these Terms of Service will be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms of Service to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
These Terms of Service set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Website, and operation of the Website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that these Terms of Service and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by Organization in our sole discretion. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. All sections which by their context ought to survive this agreement shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
27. Additional Assistance. If you do not understand any of the foregoing Terms of Service or if you have any questions or comments, we invite you to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. Copyright Notice. All design, graphics, text selections, arrangements, and all software are Copyright © 2017, 1% For the Planet and its licensors. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.