Environmental Partner Agreement
Please review the information below and sign the agreement at the bottom of the page.
1% for the Planet connects businesses, consumers, and environmental partners, empowering all of us to drive big, positive change. Environmental partners of 1% for the Planet play an integral role in the direct environmental impact of the 1% for the Planet network. In the 1% for the Planet model, business and individual members donate directly to the environmental partners of their choice. 1% for the Planet assists members with identifying appropriate partners, facilitating these relationships and certifying giving annually. Participation within the 1% for the Planet network is currently free for approved nonprofit partners.
Purpose of this Agreement
This environmental partner agreement outlines the responsibilities of both 1% for the Planet and Environmental Partner.
The shared goals of this relationship include:
- Enable both 1% for the Planet and Environmental Partner to increase awareness of respective missions.
- Create results by working together to solve environmental issues.
- Increase overall size and impact of the 1% for the Planet network.
This Agreement does not:
- Obligate Environmental Partner to pay any fee for services provided by 1% for the Planet.
- Guarantee funding and/or support for Environmental Partner.
- Require 1% for the Planet to provide member introductions to Environmental Partner.
1% for the Planet shall:
- Provide online directory visibility and access to customize profile.
- Provide usage of logos and other brand assets to be used by Environmental Partner as deemed appropriate by 1% for the Planet via current Brand Guidelines found in nonprofit portal.
- Provide opportunities for Environmental Partner to share information about its work, to inform 1% for the Planet’s partnership advising services with members.
- Provide opportunity for Environmental Partner to submit content for consideration by 1% for the Planet, for distribution in its various outreach channels.
- Provide periodic network updates via newsletters, in-person and virtual events.
Environmental Partner shall:
- Include 1% for the Planet logo on Environmental Partner website, within one month of signing this Agreement, unless otherwise arranged with 1% for the Planet.
- Maintain an updated and professional profile on the 1% for the Planet directory, including current primary contact information, logo, mission statement, etc.
- Comply with all current brand and marketing guidelines set forth by 1% for the Planet as found in the Environmental Partner resources
- Respond regularly when 1% for the Planet reaches out to Environmental Partner primary contact.
- Refrain from soliciting members in the context of the 1% for the Planet network without express permission from 1% for the Planet. Exceptions include: 1) If Environmental Partner has a prior or existing relationship, in which case Environmental Partner has permission to continue contact, 2) If a member has a public grant application process, Environmental Partner is welcome to apply.
- Communicate acknowledgement directly to 1% for the Planet members who provide support to Environmental Partner and disclose network affiliation.
- Not replicate the 1% for the Planet model in any way at any level of engagement, which includes any such conduct that constitutes infringement of trademark rights or creates confusion in the marketplace of or with respect to 1% for the Planet. (e.g. Environmental Partner may not create a 1% for the X program, campaign, or organization). Please reference brand guidelines for permissible logo use in the Environmental Partners resources.
Reporting & Data Use
- Environmental Partner will provide an impact report and/or budget allocation report when requested.
- 1% for the Planet reserves the right to use information gathered via environmental partner questionnaires, online directory profiles, etc., to selectively share data with members as potential supporters, on social media, and anonymously in aggregate. publish data
Grounds for Immediate Termination of Relationship by 1% for the Planet:
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Environmental Partner Agreement may be terminated on not less than 14 days’ notice with respect to Grounds for Immediate Termination of Relationship by 1% for the Planet.
- 1% for the Planet may terminate relationship upon material breach of this agreement by Environmental Partner or failure to meet expectations set forth in this Environmental Agreement.
- Environmental Partner and/or 1% for the Planet loses its nonprofit and/or operating status.
- Environmental Partner, itself or through its officer, directors or affiliates, engages in conduct that adversely affects the reputation or goodwill of 1% for the Planet or its trademarks.
- Environmental Partner is no longer a fit with the 1% for the Planet guidelines (e.g. a shift in programming which no longer has a predominantly environmental focus).
This Environmental Partner Agreement shall become effective only upon:
- Official admittance of the organization to the environmental partner network by 1% for the Planet
- Signature of this agreement by the authorized official(s) from Environmental Partner
Agreement will remain in effect until modified or terminated by any one of the partners by mutual consent. The term of the Environmental Agreement (“Term”) shall be one year, which shall be automatically renewed unless one party notifies the other party in writing of its intention to terminate no later than 14 days prior to the end of the current term. Upon termination, Environmental Partner shall cease all use of 1% for the Planet brand assets, included but not limited to use of the logo and other trademarked materials. Nonprofit shall also cease all public reference to partnership with 1% for the Planet.
This MOU is in no way a commitment of funds and/or funding to or from either party.
Kate Williams, CEO of 1% for the Planet
50 Lakeside Ave. #341
Burlington, VT 05401