1% for the Planet is headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, USA. This consultancy will be remote and based in the Netherlands. This is a contract for services agreement. The eligible party must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is listed as a sole proprietor, limited liability corporation, or another form of independent legal entity.
1% for the Planet is on a mission to become the most recognized global environmental community. The Business Development Consultant - Northern Europe will play a significant part in our ongoing efforts to achieve that mission by building a thriving sales function and growing our movement in Northern Europe. This consultancy is located in the Netherlands and directly supports our US-based Business Development team. They will collaborate remotely with our Leadership team, Brand & Marketing team, and Membership team to build a pipeline of highly qualified enterprise leads and help us form strategic member relationships. The Business Development Consultant operates at a strategic level while also executing regularly on specific deliverables. They’ll research prospects, perform initial outreach, customize presentation materials, and work with our Leadership team to close deals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A history of successful B2B sales with strategic enterprise accounts, interacting with a variety of stakeholders, including C-suite level
- Drive to move member prospects through all stages of the sales funnel, from first meeting to closing the deal
- Demonstrated strategic partnership experience in a diverse range of industries
- A love of research, deep listening, and a consultative sales style
- A passion for people and planet
- A deep understanding of 1% for the Planet’s brand identity and model
- An innate sense of curiosity, initiative, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- An ability to thrive as an individual contributor in a remote work environment
- An ability to fluently deliver bespoke written and oral advice to clients in a simple way in English and Dutch. Fluency in at least one other commonly spoken Northern European language preferred.
Application Deadline & Timeline:
This opportunity will remain open until filled. We anticipate conducting application reviews for this consultancy in January 2024, with an anticipated start date of late February 2024/early March 2024. This timeline is subject to change.
Equal employment opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
About 1% for the Planet
1% for the Planet is a global organization that exists to ensure our planet and future generations thrive. We inspire businesses and individuals to support environmental nonprofits through membership and everyday actions. We make environmental giving easy and effective through partnership advising, impact storytelling and third-party certification.
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, our business members and individual members have given hundreds of millions of dollars to our approved nonprofit partners to date. Today, 1% for the Planet’s global network consists of thousands of businesses, individuals and environmental nonprofits working toward a better future for all. Look for our logo to purchase for the planet, learn more and join at onepercentfortheplanet.org.